Egis Lidocaine 5% 20g tube cream – a cheaper alternative to Emla
- Temporary relief of pain & itching
- Maximum concentration of lidocaine- 5%- for OTC products
- Lidocaine 5% in a penetrating cream
- Recommended application time 30 minutes to 1 hr for maximum effect
- Clear, non-oily gel does not dry out upon application like other products
A double-blind study done by the Department of Oral Medical and Surgical Sciences at the University of British Columbia compared the numbing effects of Lidocaine 5% and Emla cream. In the study, researchers applied the creams to patients’ mouths and then measured the depth of pain-free probing in the premolar region.